Thanks for visiting the Refresh Community!
If your looking to get your very own copy of my delicious cookbooks delivered right to your door visit The Mediterranean Refresh Collection!
This recipe is in The Mediterranean Refresh: Meals on a Budget
And don't forget the most important parts!
Braised Cod Skillet with Asparagus and Potatoes
As you know already, braising is one of our favorite methods of cooking fish. With this recipe, you will get juicy and tender fillets. The juicy flavor of the fish mixed with the aroma of basil ensures that nothing is left on the plate.
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
4 Skinless cod fillets (3/4-inch thick) (6 to 8 oz each)
3 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. Capers
Finely grated zest of 1 medium lemon
½ Cup Dry white wine
2 Cups Water
12 Oz. Small purple potatoes, cut in half or quartered when large
½ Medium lemon juice
½ Tsp. Kosher salt and more for seasoning
½ Tsp. Freshly ground black pepper and more as a condiment
1 Pound Asparagus, cut and trimmed into 1-inch pieces
¼ Cup Grated fresh basil leaves
- Slowly apply oil in a large skillet pan over medium heat until it shimmers (shines). Season the fish with salt and pepper as desired. Add the fish to the pan and fry for 1 minute. Gently flip or rotate with a flat spatula and sear for another 1 minute. Bring the fish onto a plate and set it aside.
- Add the garlic, capers and lemon zest to the pan. Mix to coat with the remaining oil in pan and cook until fragrant, for 1 minute.
- Add wine and deglaze the pan with a spoon (preferably wooden) to scrape off all the browned parts from the bottom of the pan. Add water, potatoes, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Bring back the cod fillets and juices to the pan. Cook until the fish is opaque and warm and the asparagus is tender, for another 2–3 minutes.
- Separate the fish fillets in flat bowls and place the potatoes and asparagus in the bowls. Add the basil to the broth in the pan and pour broth across the fish. Enjoy!
Fat: 0.2 g
Carbohydrates: 13.9 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 18.6 g
In support of keeping all these amazing recipes going each day we kindly ask that you check out some of the products you have seen today!
We would greatly appreciate a share to your friends!
Happy Cooking, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!