Thanks for visiting the Refresh Community!
If your looking to get your very own copy of my delicious cookbooks delivered right to your door visit The Mediterranean Refresh Collection
This recipe is in The Mediterranean Refresh: Meals on a Budget
And don't forget the most important parts!
Brûléed Fruit with Mascarpone Yogurt Sauce
I’m always looking for ways to enjoy a fruit dessert. Taking a page from a French classic, this recipe is a crème brûlée dessert, with pieces of juicy fruit sprinkled with brown sugar, broiled until caramelized on top, and then topped with a creamy mascarpone yogurt and macadamia nuts.
1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
¼ Cup Packed brown sugar
¼ Tsp. Fine salt
2 Blood oranges or navel oranges
1 Large Mango
¹⁄³ Cup Mascarpone cheese
1 Cup Plain Greek yogurt
½ Cup Toasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Place the oven rack 6 inches from the broiler and heat. Put the vanilla, brown sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut the top off the strawberries and slice lengthwise.
- Cut the orange crosswise into a ½-inch thick disk and add to the bowl with the brown sugar mixture.
- Peel a mango, cut the fleshy part away from the pit and cut the fruit into ¼-inch thick slices; add to the bowl of citrus. Cut the pineapple peel, cut away the core, then cut the fruit into long strips ¼-inch thick; add to the bowl of citrus.
- Lightly coat the fruit with the brown sugar with your hands. You will notice a dissolution of the brown sugar and the juice will be released from the fruit. With your hands, lift the fruit from the juice onto a rimmed baking sheet; distribute well. Set aside the bowl and juices.
- Broil for about 10 minutes until golden brown (watch keenly and turn the pan if necessary). Remove the pan and place on a wire rack to cool gradually.
- For topping: Use 3 tablespoons of the juice from the bowl. Add yogurt and mascarpone. Whisk gently until smooth throughout.
- Break apart your favorite cookie, place in the bottom of a deep cup and pour the mixture over top, garnish with strawberries, mint and macadamia nuts.
Fat: 14.7 g
Carbohydrates: 41.3 g
Fiber: 4.5 g
Protein: 6.6 g
In support of keeping all these amazing recipes going each day we kindly ask that you check out some of the products you have seen today!
We would greatly appreciate a share to your friends!
Happy Cooking, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!