Thanks for visiting the Refresh Community!
If your looking to get your very own copy of my delicious cookbooks delivered right to your door visit The Mediterranean Refresh Collection
This recipe is in The Mediterranean Refresh: Meals on a Budget
And don't forget the most important parts!
Caesar Salad with Broccoli and Kale
You can’t afford to miss out on this delicious Mediterranean salad! A satisfying bowl of broccoli and kale, golden croutons, white beans and the best vegan Caesar dressing you’ve ever tasted.
For the croutons:
4 Oz Stale bread (about ½ medium baguette)
4 Tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 Tbsp. Garlic powder (optional)
For the salad
1 Large broccoli (about 1 pound), cut into florets
4 Small garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 Medium kale (about 12 ounces), no broken stems and leaves
1 Can (15 oz) Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
¼ Cup Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
½ Cup Roasted sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
1 Cup Cashews, salted or raw
¾ Cup Low-sodium vegetable broth or water
2 Tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tsp. Capers
2 Tsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Prepare the croutons and roast the broccoli: Set the oven rack and preheat to 400° F.
- Divide the bread into ½-inch cubes. Place on a baking sheet, sprinkle with 1½ tablespoon of oil and season with salt. Spread in an even layer. Bake and if needed, continue to stir until all sides are evenly browned. Place in a bowl lined with paper towels and let cool.
- Next, position the broccoli florets and the unpeeled garlic cloves on the same baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1½ tablespoons of oil and spread evenly. Grill the broccoli until golden and season with salt.
- For the dressing: Squeeze the garlic out of their skins and place in a blender. Drain the water from the cashews and pour into the blender. Add the broth or water, oil, capers and lemon juice. Blend until smooth, adding salt and pepper as desired.
- Prepare the salad: Add kale, 1 tablespoon of oil and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Coat well and let stand for at least 5 minutes. Add roasted broccoli, cannellini beans and croutons and dressing, then mix well to combine. Garnish with parsley and sunflower seeds.
Fat: 39.7 g
Carbohydrates: 65.2 g
Fiber: 13.9 g
Protein: 24.6 g
In support of keeping all these amazing recipes going each day we kindly ask that you check out some of the products you have seen today!
We would greatly appreciate a share to your friends!
Happy Cooking, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!