Thanks for visiting the Refresh Community!
If your looking to get your very own copy of my delicious cookbooks delivered right to your door visit The Mediterranean Refresh Collection!
And don't forget the most important parts!
This is a pretty straightforward recipe with basic ingredients. It's destined to become your favorite summertime dinner. The chicken is seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning. If you can’t find Italian seasoning, just substitute equal parts with garlic powder, dried basil, and dried oregano instead.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon chili power
- 1 Teaspoon sweet paprika
- 8 Thick slices of ripe tomoato
- 8 1- Ounce slices оf fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction
- 8 Medium basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat large cast iron pan over medium heat. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pan.
- While your oil is heating up, start your chicken. Cut the chicken breast from the side about ¾ of the way through. Open the chicken and lay flat.
- Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- One one side of chicken breast, place down the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Close the chicken breast. Use toothpicks to help keep the chicken closed.
- Add your stuffed chicken breast to the pan and sear until golden brown on each side. About 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Once cooked, transfer onto a plate, and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Slice into ¼ slices and drizzle balsamic glaze over top of the chicken, serve on your favorite salad. We suggest the Rustic Avocado and Corn Salad!
- Calories: 366kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 387mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A 35 %
- Vitamin C 15 %
- Calcium 15 %
- Iron 10%
In support of keeping all these amazing recipes going each day we kindly ask that you check out some of the products you have seen today!
We would greatly appreciate a share to your friends!
Happy Cooking, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!