Thanks for visiting the Refresh Community!
If your looking to get your very own copy of my delicious cookbooks delivered right to your door visit The Mediterranean Refresh Collection
This recipe is in The Mediterranean Refresh: Meals on a Budget
And don't forget the most important parts!
Fruit Crumbles with Any Type of Fruit
Crumble is a simple wild fruit recipe that contains a crisp, rich coating that turns any fruit into a dazzling dessert. It is excellent for summer lunches and barbecue terraces. Making a crumble is so simple that you hardly require a recipe to make it.
Once you know the basics of making breadcrumb toppings and how to make a fruit topping, you can choose any fruit or combination of fruits from any season. Here are three basic steps you need to know in other to make classic fruit crumbles.
1 Cup Granulated sugar, depending on the sweetness of the fruit
7 Cups Fruit, enough to almost fill the pan
2 Tsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 to 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch, depending on the juiciness of the fruit
1 Tsp. Ground spices, such as cinnamon, ginger or nutmeg (optional)
1 Cup Multipurpose flour or oats
½ Cup Light or dark brown sugar
½ Tsp. Ground cinnamon (optional)
1 Tsp. Baking powder
8 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ Tsp. Salt
- Place the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375° F. Gently coat a baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Fruit filling: If necessary, cut the fruit into cubes, removing the stems, seeds or inedible parts. In a large bowl, combine the fruit with the lemon juice, sugar, spices and cornstarch.
Add more ѕugаr аnd ѕlightlу lеѕѕ lеmоn juiсе when cooking with tart fruits, like blackberries, rhubarb, and less sugar, but more lemon juiсе fоr ѕwееt fruitѕ, likе рlumѕ and peaches.
Yоu саn uѕе mоrе соrnѕtаrсh with vеrу juicy fruitѕ likе рlumѕ and less with firm fruits likе аррlеѕ. Hоwеvеr, dо nоt worry: whаtеvеr thе proportion of these ingredients, your crumble will be certainly be delicious.
- Add the fruit filling into the baking dish and the fruit filling as well.
- Prepare the crumble toppings: Combine or whisk the sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Slice the butter into several large pieces and mix well into the dry ingredients. Mix the butter with the dry ingredients until large heavy crumbs form.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit.
- Next, bake the crumble. Bake well for about 30 to 35 minutes until the fruit juices make bubbles around the edges of the pan.
- Let the crumble cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Fat: 15.8 g
Carbohydrates: 51.8 g
Fiber: 3.6 g
Protein: 3.4 g
In support of keeping all these amazing recipes going each day we kindly ask that you check out some of the products you have seen today!
We would greatly appreciate a share to your friends!
Happy Cooking, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!