Thanks for visiting the Refresh Community!
If your looking to get your very own copy of my delicious cookbooks delivered right to your door visit The Mediterranean Refresh Collection
This recipe is in The Mediterranean Refresh: Meals on a Budget
And don't forget the most important parts!
Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice Skillet
This recipe tastes incredibly good and is very suitable for any meal of the day. It’s a gluten free, Paleo and Whole 30!
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
½ Medium Onion, diced
1 Cup (about 4 oz.) Sliced mushrooms
1 Medium Garlic clove, minced
10-12 Oz. Cauliflower rice (see notes for making your own or using frozen)
1 Small Zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1 Cup Broccoli florets
¹⁄³ – ½ Cup Vegetable broth
2 Cups Spinach, cut into large pieces
3–4 Tbsp. Sun-dried tomatoes (bottled in olive oil)
Salt to taste
Paprika to taste
- Add oil to the skillet and heat over medium or slightly high heat.
- Add in the onion and sliced mushrooms. Sauté about 5–6 minutes, or until the onion turns opaque and the mushrooms begin to brown. (Most of the liquid should have evaporated.)
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Next, add the cauliflower rice, and broccoli florets. Add ¹⁄³ cup of broth.
- Further cook over low heat to evaporate the broth and cook the vegetables for another 5–6 minutes. If necessary, add a little more broth to the skillet pan to continue cooking. (At this point, you should only have about 1 to 2 tablespoons of liquid at the bottom of the pan.)
- Next, add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes and cook for about 3–4 minutes to thicken the spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, top with your favorite protein if desired.
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 8.7 g
Fiber: 3.4 g
Protein: 3.9 g
In support of keeping all these amazing recipes going each day we kindly ask that you check out some of the products you have seen today!
We would greatly appreciate a share to your friends!
Happy Cooking, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!