Thanks for visiting the Refresh Community!
If your looking to get your very own copy of my delicious cookbooks delivered right to your door visit The Mediterranean Refresh Collection
This recipe is in The Mediterranean Refresh: Meals on a Budget
And don't forget the most important parts!
Roasted Red Pepper and Beet Hummus
This was a recipe that emerged as a spontaneous idea when I scanned the supermarket aisles just an hour before dinner. I saw hummus, we had vegetables at home, and I'd add some baguette. Bowls of hummus, basically a bunch of juicy vegetables with creamy hummus, have been so well received that they are now regularly on our meal planning list. This smoky and vibrant edition is the version I like the most!
1 Red beet
2 Lg Reg peppers
2 Cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp Garlic
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 ½ Cups Cooked chickpeas, drained
2 Tbsp Tahini
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
2 Tbsp Warm water
½ tsp Cumin
½ tsp Coriander
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Smoked paprika
1 French baguette
1 Clove garlic
2 Tbsp Butter
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Coat the beet and red peppers in olive oil and garlic, wrap the beet in foil. Cook on baking sheet until the beet is fork-tender and the red peppers are starting to break down and become caramelized.
- With 10 minutes left on the beet and red peppers, slice the french baguette into ¼ inch slices. Mix together the garlic and butter and spread across each piece. Add to the oven for the remaining time or until nice and crispy. Sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- While cooking, gather the rest of the ingredients and place in Robot Coupe or blender.
- Once the beet and red peppers are ready, peel the beat and let them sit to cool. Add everything together and pulse until smooth. This will take about 3-5 minutes. Let cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Serve with the baguette and your favorite vegetables!
Fat: 22 g
Carbohydrates: 47 g
Fiber: 16.8 g
Protein: 18 g
In support of keeping all these amazing recipes going each day we kindly ask that you check out some of the products you have seen today!
We would greatly appreciate a share to your friends!
Happy Cooking, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!