Thanks for visiting the Refresh Community!
If your looking to get your very own copy of my delicious cookbooks delivered right to your door visit The Mediterranean Refresh Collection
This recipe is in The Mediterranean Refresh: Meals on a Budget
And don't forget the most important parts!
Saganaki Prawn Stew
Always wanted to visit Greece? We will bring a little taste to you! This is the perfect comfort stew for those movie nights! Its quick and has a real burst of flavor!
Serves: 1 to 2
¼ Cup Olive oil
1 Cup Fresh Prawns
1 Red onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic cloves, finely crushed
1 Large Red pepper, finely chopped
1 Bell pepper, any variety, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. Ouzo
7 Ounces Tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes, puréed in a blender
¼ Cup Flat parsley, finely chopped
3.5 Ounces Feta
Salt and pepper for spice
- Over medium-high heat, in a large deep frying skillet, heat the olive oil. After heating, add the onion, gаrliс аnd сhili. Let the mixture soften and become transparent.
- Add the prawns аnd sauté for a few minutеѕ.
- Add the ouzo, tomato, parsley, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. When you reach the boiling point, reduce the temperature to medium-low. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the prawn mixture to oven-safe ceramic bowls and add the feta cheese on top. Put in a roasting pan and place under a hot grill until the feta cheese melts and seeps into the sauce.
- Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and serve.
Fat: 20 g
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Protein: 18 g
In support of keeping all these amazing recipes going each day we kindly ask that you check out some of the products you have seen today!
We would greatly appreciate a share to your friends!
Happy Cooking, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!