Thanks for visiting the Refresh Community!
If your looking to get your very own copy of my delicious cookbooks delivered right to your door visit The Mediterranean Refresh Collection
This recipe is in The Mediterranean Refresh: Meals on a Budget
And don't forget the most important parts!
Socca Pizza with Ricotta and Spring Veggies
socca pizza is a well-known street food in Nice (France) that is prepared by combining chickpea flour and water to make a batter. Next, you cook the batter on a hot grill and finally shape or slice into smaller pieces. It is usually eaten hot and served simply with salt, pepper and a cold glass of dry rosé. You definitely have to try it out!
For the socca:
1 Cup Chickpea flour (4 ½ ounces)
1 Cup Water
2 Tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
1 Medium clove Garlic, minced
1 Tsp. Kosher salt
½ Cup Whole-milk ricotta cheese
½ Cup Baby arugula
2 Medium Radishes, thinly sliced
Juice of 1 small lemon
Finely grated zest of ½ small lemon
Extra-virgin olive oil, flaky sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper, for finishing
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, water, olive oil, garlic and salt. Allow to rest at least 30 minutes to absorb the water.
- Place the oven rack 6 inches below the heating element and preheat to 450° F. Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven. Add about 1 teaspoon of oil, enough to cover the bottom of the pan. When it shimmers, pour the batter into the center of the pan. Tilt the pan so that the dough covers the entire surface of the pan if necessary.
- Cook for 5 to 8 minutes until the top of the crust begins to brown. The crust should be soft enough in the center, but crunchy at the edges. If the top browns too quickly before the dough is completely hardened, place the pan on the lower rack until it is cooked through.
- Pass the flat spatula under the crust, and remove it from the pan, and place on a cutting board. Spread the ricotta over it, leaving a border around the edges. Top with radishes.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil and sprinkle with lemon zest, salt and pepper. Cut into rings and serve.
Fat: 8.8 g
Carbohydrates: 13.8 g
Fiber: 2.5 g
Protein: 6 g
In support of keeping all these amazing recipes going each day we kindly ask that you check out some of the products you have seen today!
We would greatly appreciate a share to your friends!
Happy Cooking, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!