Thanks for visiting the Refresh Community!
If your looking to get your very own copy of my delicious cookbooks delivered right to your door visit The Mediterranean Refresh Collection!
This recipe is in The Mediterranean Refresh: Meals on a Budget
And don't forget the most important parts!
This salad is a bit of a celebration of the fact that the Meyer lemon season overlaps with the commencement of the spring asparagus festival. Sweet citrus fruits go well with a chewy mixture of farro, pearl couscous and crispy asparagus. Add a few almonds and goat cheese and lunch is ready!
Serves: 6 to 8
8 Oz. Pearled (1 ¼ cup) farro
1 ¼ Cup Pearl (Israeli) couscous or Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains Blend
2 Meyer lemons, squeezed and juiced
1 kg. Asparagus, cut
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1 Cup Sliced almonds or walnuts, toasted
4 Oz. Soft goat cheese, chilled and puréed
1 Tbsp. Walnut oil, if desired
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a 2-quart pan, boil 3 cups of water. Salt generously and add farro, cover and cook for 15 minutes or al dente. (If you are substituting another grain such as spelt or wheat berries, follow the instructions on the package.)
- In the meantime, cook the pearl couscous or grain mixture in another pan, according to the instructions on the package.
- Place the pearl couscous on a large baking sheet and allow to cool. Squeeze the lemon over the grains and stir.
- Remove the woody ends of the asparagus and cut into 1-inch pieces. In a large saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat and barely cook the asparagus until crispy – about 2 minutes.
- Place the chilled asparagus stalks in a large bowl. Add sliced almonds and goat cheese.
- Mix together Meyer lemon juice with ¼ cup of olive and walnut oil. Season the salad and add salt and pepper to taste.
Fat: 17.0 g
Carbohydrates: 48.2 g
Fiber: 7.6 g
Protein: 14.3 g
In support of keeping all these amazing recipes going each day we kindly ask that you check out some of the products you have seen today!
We would greatly appreciate a share to your friends!
Happy Cooking, Stay Safe, and Enjoy!