This is a pretty straightforward recipe with basic ingredients. It's destined to become your favorite summertime dinner. The chicken is seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning. If you can’t find Italian seasoning, just substitute equal parts with garlic powder, dried basil, and dried oregano instead.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 lb boneless ѕkinlеѕѕ chicken brеаѕtѕ
- 1 tablespoon оlivе oil
- salt and рерреr tо tаѕtе
- 1 tablespoon drу Italian seasoning (оr еԛuаl раrtѕ оf garlic роwdеr dried оrеgаnо and dried basil)
- 1 teaspoon chili power
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 8 thick ѕliсеѕ of riре tоmаtо
- 8 1- ounce slices оf fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 tаblеѕрооnѕ bаlѕаmiс glaze оr bаlѕаmiс reduction
- 8 medium basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat large cast iron pan over medium heat. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pan.
- While your oil is heating up, start your chicken. Cut the chicken breast from the side about ¾ of the way through. Open the chicken and lay flat.
- Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- One one side of chicken breast, place down the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Close the chicken breast. Use toothpicks to help keep the chicken closed.
- Add your stuffed chicken breast to the pan and sear until golden brown on each side. About 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Once cooked, transfer onto a plate, and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Slice into ¼ slices and drizzle balsamic glaze over top of the chicken, serve on your favorite salad. We suggest the Rustic Avocado and Corn Salad!
- Calories: 366kcal
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 387mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Vitamin A 35 %
- Vitamin C 15 %
- Calcium 15 %
- Iron 10%
Rustic Avocado and Corn Salad
- 2 Avocado
- 2 cup sweet corn
- 2 cup cherry tomato
- 2 medium red onion
- 1 cup feta
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 tbsp Italian dressing
- 1 lime
- Dice you onion and Avocado into ¼ inch. Place on either side of the back of the bowl
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place on the front left side of the bowl
- Pile the feta high in the front right side of the bowl.
- Ensure all ingredients have there own section but also do not leave gaps
- Finely chop your parsley and cilantro and add to the bowl.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp Italian dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze the lime over top of the salad.
- Serve with grilled chicken or salmon. We recommend our favorite, Chicken Caprese